
You don't even know me yet you dream of me every night. You’ve spent your whole existence both fearing me and wishing for freedom. As the darkness grows so does your need for me. I know of a way to stop all the pain and suffering bestowed upon you. I’ve waited patiently, hiding in the dark corners of your mind. I’ve watched as you struggled. I’ve heard your infinite cries. I’m the only one who welcomes you with open arms. Tonight you are gallant enough to summon me. It is finally time for our intimate dance begins.
What you seek cannot be found in the light of any day. Your weak to the temptations and it both terrifies and exhilarates you. On the verge of insanity you taste the madness settling in the depths of your darkest fantasies. It’s time to set yourself free.
Everywhere you look it is me that you see. Behind every shadow, every dark corner, every flash of light, I am there waiting for you. The dark scent of my presence is strong as you helplessly move toward me. With outstretched arms I can almost feel you. As you walk towards me your imagination plays one last game with your reality. I become a girl you used to know years ago. The one that got away. You run to me and touch my face to make sure I’m real. Tears of regret fall from your eyes. You ache to see the beauty that lies where there is no light.
Desperate, you search for any reason to stay in this life, a life that has stolen all the dreams you’ve ever owned. As you take one last look back, the light faintly glowing in the distant horizon offers no comfort. Your turn to me and I can see the envy, the misery, and the love in your tired eyes. Numbness floods your wearisome soul. There is no more doubt. There is no more hopelessness. There is nothing left to hold on to except my hand.
I pull you close and our dance of death commences. Together we step out of this world and into the safety of the darkness. All the pain and suffering is nothing more than a forgotten echo. You bask in the majestic darkness.
Just before the last trace of light is dominated by the blackness of this reality you realize who I am. The image I represent is an apparition in your mind to help ease you into darkness. No longer do you see the face of an angel, as my true form begins to take shape. You knowingly and willingly surrender to me, your princess of darkness, and accept your destiny. Although there is still a chance to break away from my grasp and run back to the light, you knowingly chose to stay in the warmth of my embrace. And when I kiss your lips it all fades to black.
What you seek cannot be found in the light of any day. Your weak to the temptations and it both terrifies and exhilarates you. On the verge of insanity you taste the madness settling in the depths of your darkest fantasies. It’s time to set yourself free.
Everywhere you look it is me that you see. Behind every shadow, every dark corner, every flash of light, I am there waiting for you. The dark scent of my presence is strong as you helplessly move toward me. With outstretched arms I can almost feel you. As you walk towards me your imagination plays one last game with your reality. I become a girl you used to know years ago. The one that got away. You run to me and touch my face to make sure I’m real. Tears of regret fall from your eyes. You ache to see the beauty that lies where there is no light.
Desperate, you search for any reason to stay in this life, a life that has stolen all the dreams you’ve ever owned. As you take one last look back, the light faintly glowing in the distant horizon offers no comfort. Your turn to me and I can see the envy, the misery, and the love in your tired eyes. Numbness floods your wearisome soul. There is no more doubt. There is no more hopelessness. There is nothing left to hold on to except my hand.
I pull you close and our dance of death commences. Together we step out of this world and into the safety of the darkness. All the pain and suffering is nothing more than a forgotten echo. You bask in the majestic darkness.
Just before the last trace of light is dominated by the blackness of this reality you realize who I am. The image I represent is an apparition in your mind to help ease you into darkness. No longer do you see the face of an angel, as my true form begins to take shape. You knowingly and willingly surrender to me, your princess of darkness, and accept your destiny. Although there is still a chance to break away from my grasp and run back to the light, you knowingly chose to stay in the warmth of my embrace. And when I kiss your lips it all fades to black.



No comments:
Post a Comment