Thursday, September 11, 2008

~ Darkness~


Between darkness and despair
Lies a thick blackness
Sticking to my bones
Suffocating my senses
Taking away the colors from my dreams

Between darkness and sorrow
Lies deception
Betrayal
False hopes leading nowhere
Taking away the light from my eyes

Between darkness and denial
Lies the truth
Am I ready to face it?
It can set me free
Taking away all the doubt and confusion

Between the darkness and the loneliness
Lies an ache
So powerful sometimes
It’s all I can think about
I have become a slave to my sins

Between the darkness and the need
Lies the lust
The hunger that cannot be sated
An obsession to feel something deeper
Wondering if it’s even possible anymore

Between darkness and death
Lies life
Begging me to stay
Even though I desperately want to run away
Ironically into the arms of darkness itself



No comments: